If you have always wanted to know how make homemade bread but you have never dared, today is the time, we will explain step by step how to make homemade bread.
The bread recipe is a very simple recipe that consists of 4 ingredients. Yes, only 4 ingredients, although they could be more if we decide to add some seeds. Or even onion or bacon (but we will see this another day), today we will focus on make bread at home, with our domestic oven, although this same recipe also works if you have a industrial oven convection
How to make homemade bread. Bread recipe
Ingredients for making homemade bread:
- 500 grams of flour bakery or medium strength
- 300-320 grams of water.
- 10 grams of salt (1 tsp)
- 10 grams of yeast fresh for bread. 1/3 of baking powder (3.3) grams
The Trick of the Percents to make homemade bread:
Percentages the ingredients for making bread would be:
If we want to make a 1kg bread we will need:
- 100% flour (1kg)
- 60% of water (600gr)
- two% of fresh yeast or 1/3 part of the fresh one if it is instant dry. (20 grams fresh yeast or 6.7 grams dry)
- two% of salt. (20 grams)
TOTAL: 1640 grams
Of those who after baking we can reach lose between 10 and 15% with it we would not be left with a homemade bread of between 1,394 gr. and 1,476 gr.
The water percentages for bread, may also vary, since depending on the flour and the type of bread What we want to do, we will need more or less:
- Spanish bread of brown crumb: 50-55%.
- Rustic bread: 60%
- Baguettes: 65%
- Paleo bread: paleo diet
- Loaves of large holes: 65-70%
- Ciabatta: 80%
Type of flour to make homemade bread.
How We can NOT always find the classified flour or packaged in supermarkets, properly labeled.
You can guide yourself through the following table.
In a next post we will explain what flour is, and its composition, in this way we will understand so many classifications.
But let's continue with what interests us today, the types of flour and their uses.
Types of flours
Loose flour (for biscuits, profiteroles, cakes, broken dough, cookies …) also called T45
8-up to 10 max. of% protein.
Medium strength or bakery flours. Also called cone T55
Flours strength and gran force (brioches, doughs with a lot of fats and a lot of sugar). Also called T65.
For us to become a idea of what we can find in different supermarkets and according to flour brands, the following list shows the protein percentages of each:
- Cornmeal Cornstarch.- Proteins 0.4%
- Mercadona Flour for Cakes – Proteins 5.94%
- Aragonese Cornmeal – 7.2% Proteins
- Aragonese Integral Flour.- Proteins 8.89%
- Pastry Flour Consum.- Proteins 9%
- Flour Del Corte Ingles.- Proteins 9%
- Flour Rebocina Royal.-Proteins 9.3%
- Flour Nomen.-Proteins 9.5%
- Flour of the Day.- Proteins 10%
- Carrefour Flour.- Proteins 10%
- Flour Fabulo Del Plus (Village Bread) .- Proteins 10%
- Integral Flour Carrefour.-Proteins 10%
- Special Aragonese Flour Pastry-Proteins 10.32%
- Pastry Mercadona Flour.- Proteins 10.32%
- Harimsa Ecological Flour.-Proteins 10.50%
- Integral Harimsa Biscuit Flour.-Proteins 10.90%
- Aragonese Strength Flour –
- Rooster Flour.-Proteins 11%
- Auchan Flour Of Alcampo.-Proteins 11%
- Special Flour for Pizza Harimsa.-Proteins 11.1%
- Ecological Flour Naturasi.-Proteins 11.5%
- Fabulo Del Plus Flour (Pipe Bread) .- Proteins 11.8%
- Allinson De Flour.-Proteins 12.1%
- Harimsa Flour.- Proteins 13.10%
- Spelled Flour Carrefour.-Proteins 13.30%
- Allinson Flour High Strength.-Proteins 13.9%
- Highness Flour.- Proteins 14%
The strength of a flour is given by the gluten content which has more gluten, more force has flour.
Gluten is a protein. Of the total amount of protein a flour has, gluten accounts for between 80% and 85% of the total.
Homemade Bread Recipe:
Once we have all the ingredients, we can proceed to Prepare our homemade bread.
There are many ways to make homemade bread, but we have stayed with the best result it has given us. Good texture, good honeycomb and a good crust.
We incorporate all the ingredients, we can do it by hand or we can do it with a machine, a KitchenAid for example, with the kneading accessory. We to try the new KitchenAid Artisan kneader, We have done it with her.
Video of how to make bread. Mixing and kneading
2. First fermentation of homemade bread dough:
Once we have the mass formed, it is the time of first fermentation, we put in a larger bowl, as the dough will grow, and cover with a damp cloth.
We leave for about 1 hour.
After this time we will see how our mass has grown and It is more fluffy to the touch, this means that the yeast has started to work. At this point we will remove the air from our dough, giving it a slight kneading.
Once we have kneaded, we flour the bowl and leave the dough inside, for its second kneading.
4. Second fermentation and self-kneading.
- Now it's time for the yeast make the kneading alone. For this we cover the bowl well with plastic wrap, so that it does not get air and does not dry out, and the we keep in the fridge between 12 and 24 hours. During this time the yeast will knead our homemade bread dough alone.
5. Division and shape of homemade bread.
- After our second fermentation, between 12 and 24 hours, we will see how our dough has grown considerably, until Almost double its size.
- As the dough will be quite cold, we must let it temper. Flour the surface, and place the bread dough on top, and cover with a damp cloth for an hour.
- When is half an hour turn on the ovenput it on maximum power 250 – 240ºC, or whatever your oven gives. Y leave the tray inside
- If you have another tray, place it at the bottom under which we will put our bread.
- Now and without manipulating our mass too much, We can shape it.
- If you have respected the measures of the recipe, we can make a homemade bread in one piece, either round bread, loaf or loaf.
6. The cuts in the loaf of homemade bread:
Types of cut to make homemade bread
Not only is it an aesthetic element, it is also a small art in the production of bread, homemade or not, the cut transmits us more than we think.
But why do we make the cuts?
The gas generation inside the loaf of bread, cause these want to leave and expand our mass. If we don't make these cuts, the dough could explode anywhere, leaving us a rather ugly or particular bread.
- With the cut we can control this explosion and incidentally customize our homemade breads.
- Try different cuts, upper, lateral, crossed, with different angles.
- He usually makes not very deep cuts.
- You can watch this video with different cuts.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet, and Flour homemade bread on top.
- Remember that we have the oven at 250ºC with two trays inside, the lower tray will serve to generate steam inside the oven, which will result in better bread, as it could dry out excessively at high temperature.
- To do this we open the oven and we slide the bread in the upper tray (it has to be halfway up). We have Ovens for bakeries, bars, restaurants and cafes in the shop.
- We close the door to prevent the temperature from dropping and quickly catch a glass of water and we put it inside the lower tray.
- With this heat stroke, hot tray and 250ºC, along with steam generation, will give a powerful blow to our bread, and we will see how with 7-10 minutes Our bread grows rapidly.
- After these 7-10 minutes, we will stop the ovenor what we will leave for 10 minutes. Our oven will now be working like a stone oven, giving a powerful but controlled heat.
- After 10 minutes, we return to turn on the oven and lower it to 200ºC, for about 20 minutes. We always watch that we do not burn from the top. Each oven has its own style, so it is important thatDuring this first baking, check and know how your oven works with bread.
- After these 20 minutes or so, we will have nour homemade bread made.
- If you like it to have a hard and crunchy crust, you can now stop the oven and leave it for another 10 minutes.
Make bread with bread maker
- This is another option, and with which you will save yourself, or lose the best of making homemade bread, which is learning to prepare it, learning all about how to make bread.
- For this, the manufacturers have created the bakeries, simple appliances that will facilitate the task of creating bread. Buy Bakery
- One of the bakeries with better results and which we have proof that works great is the Moulinex Home Baguette.
- Another great bakery, and with a great quality price is this: The Moulinex Pain Doré Bakery OW2101
Tips for preparing homemade bread.
- When take out the bread, turn it and tap it on the base, if he sound is hollow, means that nyour bread is perfectly cooked. If you followed the instructions, it should be perfect.
- Once we have it ready, cwe place the bread on a rack, unless it is not metallic. And we let the bread cool. We know it will cost you but wait at least an hour or 2, depending on the heat, to taste your first homemade bread.
- Use a good flour, and above all practice. Make bread with several flours, mix them, play with them, you will see that depending on the percentages, the bread will acquire different flavors.
Buy flour and other utensils to make bread.
1 New From € 0.85
2 New From € 14.99
1 New From € 0.98
Last update: August 18, 2019 11:45 am
How to make the homemade bread recipe.
- The freshly baked bread can be highly tempting, Who loves it fresh from the oven! . But if you wait, much better, richer, more consistent, tastier. What better you expect.
- For me one of the best ways to eat homemade bread, is to toast a slice lightly, you have a wide range of toasters in the market, although it does not seem like a toaster that works well, it is key to a uniform roasting, no burnt tips or unroasted areas.
- Well, once toasted, take a good tomato, restrict it, add some Salt, and a good stream of olive oil, as better quality have better.
- I like it with nothing else, although you can accompany it with whatever you want. On our Instagram and Pinterest you have a multitude of photographs that will inspire you.
And Finally and most importantly to make homemade bread.
Homemade bread. How to Make Bread. Easy Step by Step Recipe
If you have always wanted to make homemade bread but you have never dared, today is the time, we will explain step by step how to make homemade bread.
The bread recipe is a very simple recipe that consists of 4 ingredients. Yes, only 4 ingredients
- 500 grams flour
- 300 grams Water
- 10 grams Salt
- 10 grams fresh yeast
Mix the ingredients until you have a dough
Knead it until it becomes consistent
Let the refrigerator stand for 12-24 hours
Take it out of the fridge, let it warm and knead it 4 or 5 times.
Cut the dough and let stand half an hour.
Bake for 30-45 minutes, depending on your oven
Contribution per serving of 100 gr.
Energy [Kcal] 261.00
Protein [g] 8.47
Carbohydrates [g] 51.50
Fiber [g] 3.50
Total fat [g] 1.60
AGS [g] 0.39
AGM [g] 0.28
AGP [g] 0.34
AGP / AGS 0.87
(AGP + AGM) / AGS 1.59
Cholesterol [mg] 0.00
Alcohol [g] 0.00
Water [g] 34.90
Calcium [mg] 56.00
Iron [mg] 1.60
Iodo [mg] 4.70
Magnesium [mg] 25.10
Zinc [mg] 0.61
Selenium [µg] 28.00
Sodium [mg] 540.00
Potassium [mg] 110.00
Match [mg] 72.00
Vit. B1 Thiamine [mg] 0.09
Vit. B2 Riboflavin [mg] 0.06
Eq. niacin [mg] 2.98
Vit. B6 Pyridoxine [mg] 0.06
Ac. Folic [µg] 23.00