More and more women are traveling alone for pleasure. One of the last to do so has been the presenter Lara Álvarez. Surely you have seen in your social networks or read in a magazine your escape to Vietnam and Cambodia. This may be a good destination for women traveling alone, but there are many more that we will tell you next.
We have chosen them taking into account the opinions of several bloggers who are dedicated to traveling alone. They are not especially dangerous, but it is still better not to let your guard down.
Where do women who travel alone go?
What are the best destinations for women traveling alone? We will start with those included in the top 10 of the Wander Women Index list, prepared by the travel agency Ampersand.
Japan is the number 1 country
To choose them, they have taken into account variables such as security, women's rights, culture, landscapes, adventure, the number of posts on networks such as Instagram, gastronomy or volunteering in each country.
4. United States
By continents, the best country for women to travel alone in Africa is South Africa and in South America, Colombia. Those of Europe (France), Asia (Japan), North America (United States) and Oceania (Australia) have already put them in the previous list.
From Barcelona to Sydney, passing through London and New York
If you investigate blogs written by women travelers, the recommendations will always be more or less the same. Next, you will be ready several cities from which you can choose your next destination.
- Saint Sebastian
- London, United Kingdom)
- Paris France)
- Rome Italy)
- Lisbon Portugal)
- Amsterdam (Holland)
- Dublin (Ireland)
- Salzburg (Austria)
- Munich, Germany)
- Prague (Czech Republic)
- San Francisco (USA)
- New York (USA)
- Toronto and Vancouver (Canada)
- Kathmandu (Nepal)
- Tokyo Japan)
- Hong Kong (China)
- Sydney (Australia)
Read also: The best tricks for you to learn to save for travel
Tips to take care of yourself while traveling alone
If you are careful and do things as they should be done, traveling alone does not have to be dangerous for women. Our tips for everything to go on wheels:
- Before travelling, search for destination information beyond what the guides offer. Travel blogs in which other women tell their experiences can help you a lot.
- Take out travel insurance.
- Carries light luggage to move quickly.
- Choose comfortable and discreet clothes.
- Try to stay in areas where there are people, not in suburbs where no one is in the streets when you arrive at the hotel at night.
- In the same way, Try not to get too far from the center in your city tours. If you have doubts about areas that are not safe, ask your hotel to guide you.
- Keep an open mind to meet new people, but don't be too confident.
- Do not leave your cell phone at the hotel.
- At night, take taxis for your trips and walk the streets where there are always people.
- Before leaving the hotel, study the map so you don't have to take it down the street and let it be seen in leagues that you are a somewhat disoriented tourist.
- To meet new people, a fairly widespread action is to share a table with other travelers. Some restaurants have communal tables, designed to be shared.
Do you want to travel alone but are not prepared to do it alone? You can start by taking a look at the platforms that offer group trips for women traveling alone. Woman and Traveler is very popular, as is Different Roads.
Other agencies that organize trips for singles are the following:
- Travel alone
- Abercrombie & Kent
- Dare alone
- And just for us
- Singles holidays
- Singles Offers
- Singles Trips
We also recommend that you download applications aimed at women traveling alone. TripWoman, for example, is a Spanish creation platform that keeps all the travelers who are traveling the world connected. It is a kind of international safety and security network where you can also find accommodation, transportation, tips or share your experiences with other travelers.