Here we show a series of tips and aids to perform the installation of Gas
Heating has become a primary necessity in every home in our country. exist different types of heating: Oil, Gas, Biomass or even electric. But without a doubt, gas heating is the most widespread type of heating among users, due to its ease of consumption and installation. For those who do not know the natural gas heating is a very simple system, by which the gas heats the water inside the radiators, thus producing the heating of the property.
Advantages Installation Natural Gas Heating
The advantages of a gas installation without innumerable. We are without a doubt, before the cheapest fuel, with stable rates and very low maintenance costs. Boilers that use gas as fuel are usually more efficient and more durable boilers than others that use other fuels.
Another advantage is that thanks to natural gas heating, we can heat our home evenly by radiators in all rooms. Without forgetting the speed with which they heat a house, also thanks to the installation of a thermostat we can regulate the temperature and control our own consumption.
Installation Tips Natural Gas Heating
The realization of a gas heating installation, it is recommended that it be carried out by a company that is knowledgeable and expert in the field. In this case, We recommend the experience of Grupo Soeste (https://gruposoeste.es) for the installation of Gas Heating in your home. Here are some tips to keep in mind when installing your gas heating.
Maximum home insulation:
And is that before getting down to work, the most important thing is make a proper home insulation. In this way, the hot air will not escape and we will be earning a lot of gas savings. That is why we strongly recommend that perfect insulation be made of the pipes that distribute the heat so that there is no loss of energy, of the facade and the roof of the building to reduce the consumption in heating and the windows to avoid energy losses.
Choice of a gas boiler:
Without a doubt, one of the most important steps is the choice of the type of boiler for your gas installation. This choice will be key to energy saving, both at the time of installation and in future consumption. Generally, natural gas boilers are used for both heating and DHW (Sanitary Hot Water). That's why it is always recommended choose a mixed boiler that has two circuits prepared for each of the functionalities.
Within the gas boilers, we find different types according to several factors: Smoke evacuation, type of pilot flame, accumulation … If we talk about effectiveness and efficiency in terms of consumption, condensing boilers are the most efficient in the market. Its high performance amortizes the cost overrun of your installation between 4 and 6 years. Are boilers that consume up to 30% less fuel that a traditional boiler, in addition to its high energy efficiency, is required for installation in new facilities. For this investment there are many grants and renewal plans for changing the boiler.
Choice of radiators:
It is well known that radiators are responsible for emitting and distributing the heat produced by heating the water inside. This water heating is carried out by the boiler. Well, the installation of radiators is one of the great factors to take into account when it comes to a natural gas heating installation. We not only have to look at the number of radiators, but also on the material in which they are manufactured. Thus, there are several types:
- Aluminum radiators: They heat up very quickly but lose heat just as quickly. Very used for the design possibilities they offer.
- Steel radiators: Very resistant and being light that are easy to install. They heat up in a short time.
- Cast iron radiators: They are the toughest on the market but also the most expensive and difficult to install. They take time to warm up but keep the heat well.
- Low temperature water radiators: They work with water at a lower temperature (50 degrees). They are more economical and efficient. They are the most demanded.
- Steel convectors: They are installed on the wall or floor. They heat up very fast.
To know the exact number of radiators we need for our gas installation, the important thing is to let us advise by experts such as Grupo Soeste, who will inform us of the price and number of radiators needed.
Installation of a Thermostat
The thermostat is an element of regulation and control, that if used well contributes greatly to optimize the comfort and energy consumption of the home. For example, installing a thermostat in each room of the house and using thermostatic keys on the radiators will allow the temperature of the radiators and thermostats throughout the house to be regulated more accurately and program the heating on and its temperature. Thanks to this, you can achieve savings of between 8 and 13% of consumption, that is, around 60 euros in the annual gas bill.
Checking the gas heating installation
There are a number of checks and procedures that are done at the end of the installation, and that serve to verify that the installation was successful, but also to save energy. Let's see some of these tips below.
These last tips will be applied once the installation of your gas heating has been performed:
- check that the gas inlets, water inlet and outlet and the power grid are in perfect condition.
- Check that the boiler water pressure is correct. the optimum would be around 1.2 bar with a margin of +/- 25%.
- Regular the working temperature of the boiler. For Heating: The appropriate temperature is usually 55-60ºC. For heating and DHW: The temperature should be between 40-50ºC.
- Make sure that the radiators have been properly purged. Remember that this should be done at least once a year.
- Let's not forget Perform periodic reviews by professionals to your boiler. And it is that proper maintenance is synonymous with efficiency and durability.