Facebook is one of the most important social networks of the moment along with Twitter. Through Facebook you can communicate with your friends, inform them of their birthdays and congratulate those people you do not see as much as we would like. You can also chat with them in real time, share news that you consider interesting and endless activities.
To register on Facebook you need to have an email account and for various reasons you may want modify said email. It may be because it is an email that you no longer use or that you want to group all your social media accounts into one or because you like another email client. Anyway, that each person will have their reasons for wanting change your email account on Facebook, so here we are going to teach you how to do it step by step and in a simple way, from the computer or from the mobile phone.
Which email is better for Facebook?
And by the way, did you know that it is possible to know a person's email on Facebook by following a few simple steps? It is true that there are certain requirements that must be met in order to access this function, but it is often very useful in some cases.
Can you change Facebook email?
If you can change the email of an account associated with Facebook, but to do so it is necessary to know the password and if that account also has associated security elements such as verification via email or mobile phone, they must also be used to be able to change it
The process is quite simple and any legitimate user can carry it out. It can be done both from the mobile phone and from the computer and then we will explain how to carry out this process in both ways.
How to change email on Facebook?
Next we will teach you how to change Facebook email on the PC step by step. To carry out this process it is necessary that you meet a series of requirements that are the following.
You will need to:
- A computer with Internet access.
- An internet browser It can be Google Chrome, Internet Explorer (Edge), Mozilla Firefox or any other modern browser.
- A Facebook account
- Access to the email account associated with the Facebook account.
- Start the browser Internet by double clicking on your desktop icon with the left mouse button. Inside the browser search box type or copy the Facebook address. To log in to Facebook enter your email or mobile phone and password that you use regularly. Then click on the Login button and you will enter your Facebook account. After that you will already be in your personal Facebook account.
- Once inside Facebook, in the upper right you you will find an arrow down, you must click on it to display a menu. Within that menu select the Configuration option. Through this option you can manage all the options that refer to your profile, including email.
- Now directly you must access the General Settingsl of the account. Once inside you can edit the most basic options of your profile: the real name, your username, contact information, networks or temperature. The option you must select is the Contact.
- The next step consists of click on the Edit button corresponding to Contact. You will get a screen as you see below and then you must click on the Add option Other email address or phone number.
- On that screen you must enter the new email by which you want to replace the current one. Then click on the Add button for changes to be saved. Too you can replace the current email with your mobile phone number clicking on the option Add your phone number? After this it will ask you to enter your password again.
- Once you enter your password you will practically have done it, but there is still something that another step is missing. To confirm that email address Facebook will send a confirmation email to the new email address you just added.
- Go to the email account you have added and press about the confirmation link. Once this change is made only you will have to access the General Account Settings again to establish the new email as the main and delete the previous mail.
How to change my facebook email from my cell phone?
Nowadays mobile phones have become small computers and taking into account that both apps and web interfaces are increasingly more and better adapted to their screens, we can do practically the same things as in a computer.
In this section we will explain how to change the email from the Facebook mobile application. And for that, the first thing you should do is download the Facebook app if you don't have it yet.
- Once inside Facebook, already logged in with your account, click in the upper right on the three horizontal lines.
- You will access the application settings and there you have to scroll to the bottom to select Settings and privacy.
- A tab will be displayed and she you must select the Configuration option.
- Now you will enter the account settings and in it you must click on Personal Information.
- In the new window you can see your email address on Facebook to change it.
- In this step it is necessary select the option to add a new email address.
- Finally you will have to add a new email, verify it with your password and click on Add. After this you can return to the previous window and delete the old mail from Facebook if you no longer want to use it.
We recommend that you follow the instructions to the letter to avoid any problem. We remind you that Facebook often changes design and access to options quite often So although this tutorial has been done thoroughly, the method or images to change mail on Facebook may have changed. Still, you shouldn't have trouble finding these options.
Facebook is a social network with many integrated functions, which may cause them not to be available to all users at once. Many users wonder why the Marketplace icon does not appear on Facebook, being one of these failures that may appear only in some cases.
If you have any questions you can always use the comments below to contact us and we will be happy to answer you. On the other hand, and if it has helped you, share it on social networks.